Sound. Again. But different!

  • Thread starter Henning Kilset Pedersen
  • Start date

H

Henning Kilset Pedersen

Ok.

I've been reading up and down on all the different sound issues people
keep having with Vista (B2 and 5472). Tried all the different
"solutions". Different drivers, different manufacturers, beta, non-beta,
XP, XP-64, etc. etc. etc.

The funny part is this : I have tried *THREE* separate, totally
different sound cards/devices. Here they are:

1. Realtek AC882 onboard HD Audio (Azalia/UAA)
2. Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
3. Logitech USB headset (this is the one that REALLY bums me out, since
it's driverless)

None of them give any sound. Zip. Believe you me, I've tried every
single driver out there. Except for the Logitech headset. That just
ALWAYS works on all computers/OS'es I've tried it with. Not with Vista.

The funny part is - all these are detected and "properly" install
according to Vista (5472). But there is no sound. And yes, I've been
into the Sound control panel applet and checked that volumes etc. are
turned up. Is there some master mute button I haven't found?

The install is an upgrade from Windows MCE 2005, which went without a
hitch until these weird sound problems reared their ugly face.

Anybody got any suggestions? Please? :)

Regards,
Henning Kilset
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mario Rosario

I hate to say this, but here goes, it is probably something simple you've
overlooked. Try again another day.
 
C

Cyberbear

Henning said:
Ok.

I've been reading up and down on all the different sound issues people
keep having with Vista (B2 and 5472). Tried all the different
"solutions". Different drivers, different manufacturers, beta, non-beta,
XP, XP-64, etc. etc. etc.

The funny part is this : I have tried *THREE* separate, totally
different sound cards/devices. Here they are:

1. Realtek AC882 onboard HD Audio (Azalia/UAA)
2. Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
3. Logitech USB headset (this is the one that REALLY bums me out, since
it's driverless)

None of them give any sound. Zip. Believe you me, I've tried every
single driver out there. Except for the Logitech headset. That just
ALWAYS works on all computers/OS'es I've tried it with. Not with Vista.

The funny part is - all these are detected and "properly" install
according to Vista (5472). But there is no sound. And yes, I've been
into the Sound control panel applet and checked that volumes etc. are
turned up. Is there some master mute button I haven't found?

The install is an upgrade from Windows MCE 2005, which went without a
hitch until these weird sound problems reared their ugly face.

Anybody got any suggestions? Please? :)

Regards,
Henning Kilset

One more thing to try:

Look in Services and be sure that Windows Audio Service is running.
 
H

Henning Kilset

Cyberbear wrote:
[snip]
One more thing to try:

Look in Services and be sure that Windows Audio Service is running.

Yes. Restarted it - same crap.

Sigh.

Guess I'll have to reinstall from scratch. I'm guessing artifacts from
the MCE2005 install haven't entirely been handled properly.

Sounds like a project for another day. Off to beer and women :)

Regards,
Henning
 
M

Mario Rosario

Henning Kilset said:
Cyberbear wrote:
[snip]
One more thing to try:

Look in Services and be sure that Windows Audio Service is running.

Yes. Restarted it - same crap.

Sigh.

Guess I'll have to reinstall from scratch. I'm guessing artifacts from the
MCE2005 install haven't entirely been handled properly.

Sounds like a project for another day. Off to beer and women :)

Now you're talking.
 
G

Guest

I have Sound Problem's here too. I have 2 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Exteme Music Sound Card's (on different computer's) with Windows Vista Build
5472 (1 X86 Computer and 1 X64 Computer), Just FYI.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mark D. VandenBeg

Henning Kilset Pedersen said:
Ok.

I've been reading up and down on all the different sound issues people
keep having with Vista (B2 and 5472). Tried all the different "solutions".
Different drivers, different manufacturers, beta, non-beta, XP, XP-64,
etc. etc. etc.

The funny part is this : I have tried *THREE* separate, totally different
sound cards/devices. Here they are:

1. Realtek AC882 onboard HD Audio (Azalia/UAA)
2. Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
3. Logitech USB headset (this is the one that REALLY bums me out, since
it's driverless)

None of them give any sound. Zip. Believe you me, I've tried every single
driver out there. Except for the Logitech headset. That just ALWAYS works
on all computers/OS'es I've tried it with. Not with Vista.

The funny part is - all these are detected and "properly" install
according to Vista (5472). But there is no sound. And yes, I've been into
the Sound control panel applet and checked that volumes etc. are turned
up. Is there some master mute button I haven't found?

The install is an upgrade from Windows MCE 2005, which went without a
hitch until these weird sound problems reared their ugly face.

Anybody got any suggestions? Please? :)

Regards,
Henning Kilset

I have been using my USB headset dongle with speakers plugged-in because it
is the only way I get any sound. Altec Lansing, though, not Logitech.
 
G

Guest

Some of the Sound Problems that he is having might be related to the fact
that he is running Build 5472, just FYI. I am also running Build 5472, and
I am having Sound Problems as well with my Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

Hehe, I have the same problem with my logitech USB headset.
When I installed I thought that would be the least of my problems...
As u said, it works on EVERY O/S ... but not vista, strange enough.

Think I`ll try 2 copy some of the drivers from xp64, just for the hell of it;)
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top