Sony Media Manager won't run

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just bought a Sony NWZ-A826 Walkman and installed the Media Manager from the CD ROM supplied.
Now if I try to open the Media Manager it initializes for a few seconds but I get an error message before it can start up saying 'Media Manager has encountered a problem and the program needs to shut down - sorry for the inconvenience'. ( In the ERROR DATA REPORT the error code is clr20r3.)

1. Do I need to use Media Manager or can I just use my MS Media Player11 ?

2. I got no help from SONY sites.

I use XP PRO if this means anything !

Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Media player will work just fine syncing your music files etc to you new device...Although you try uninstall the Media manager and install it again..See if this sort your problem...

Reaction score
Sony Media Player

Hello Madxgraphics,

Thanks for your reply! - I re-installed Media Manager 3 times but result was the same.
There must be some conflict with MS Windows or something. Maybe MS wants Sony users to use only their software ?!

I have tried using MS MEDIA PLAYER with my Walkman and it works fine but it is a pity I couldn't at least try Sony's Media Manager. From experience I have found that independent software supplied with various digital products is often better and has more user-friendly functions than anything offered by Microsoft. Perfect examples are software by Fujifilm, Mozilla, HP, Adobe and so on.

Thanks anyway... HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

Ask a Question