Sniper Elite V2

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/

Demo on Steam now if you wanna give it a try. :)

About the Game

In the dark days of the end of World War Two amidst the ruins of Berlin, one bullet can change history…

Sniper Elite V2 is the eagerly-awaited sequel to the highly-acclaimed Sniper Elite, giving gamers the most authentic World War II sniping experience available. You are elite US sniper Karl Fairburne. Parachuted into Berlin amidst the Germans’ final stand, your mission is to prevent Nazi V2 rocket program technology from falling into the hands of the besieging Red Army. You must aid key scientists keen to defect to the US, and terminate those who would help the Russians.

Take advantage of authentic weaponry, learn how to stalk your targets, fortify your position, set up the shot, use your skill, patience and cunning to achieve your mission. Stealth gameplay is the key as you find yourself trapped between two desperate armies in a race against time. Watch as the celebrated ‘bullet cam’ from Sniper Elite returns, bloodier and more gruesome than ever – skilful shots are rewarded with a slow-motion flight of the bullet, then targets are graphically rendered in X-Ray as the bullet enters and destroys your victim. Organs shred, bones splinter, teeth shatter, as the true impact of the sniper’s bullet is brought to life.

As World War Two ends and the Cold War begins, every shot counts. Use it wisely.

Key features

Sniping Simulation - Sniper Elite V2 features detailed sniping simulation with advanced ballistics, taking into account gravity, wind, velocity, bullet penetration, aim stability and more. Guaranteed to provide players with the most realistic simulation of military sharpshooting yet available.
X-Ray Kill Cam - Amazing ‘kill cam’ technology showcases what really happens when a bullet enters an enemy’s body, allowing players to see hearts and lungs tear, livers burst, and bones shatter. (This feature is not available in Germany)
Authenticity - The game features authentic World War II Berlin locations as well as vehicles, weapons such as the Springfield M1903 the Gewehr 43 and the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30, and uniforms modeled after the original versions.
Use the Environment - The slightest changes in the environment need to be taken into account to move into the perfect position, observe the quarry, take the shot and slip away unnoticed.
Sniper's Choice - Players will often find themselves facing a choice of the perfect shot that leaves them catastrophically exposed or a more difficult route that means they can continue their mission.

Reaction score
Played the Demo on Xbox. Defo a must have :)

I remember the first one on PC and it was fantastic

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Demo is good, worth a play though, didn't think i'd like the 3'rd person view, but its manageable.

Some screenshots....

All maxed out down from 1920x1200

http://imgur.com/a/Vyhag

Reaction score
I finally played the demo today, and really enjoyed it. Yeah I wish there was a way to zoom in to 1st person when you wanted to, like in Just Cause 2, but once you start playing it you soon forget about that little detail. It's pretty unique game play, and might make for an awesome MP game as well - imagine seeing your friends get taken out in slow motion detail :D Here's a good youtube of the demo:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lol, at that video, the guys not playing as a sniper very well, i did skip though it but he was running round with his Tommy gun more than playing a sniper!

Yeah i like it, have pre ordered it too, i want the 'Kill Hitler' Bonus content! :D

Pre-Purchase Offer - Exclusive Bonus Level

Rebellion brings you the ultimate mission for the ultimate sniping game! Pre-purchase Sniper Elite V2 today and get an exclusive bonus level – "Kill Hitler!"

You have the leader of the Nazi war machine is in your sights and one clear shot. Do you have the skill and nerve to take that shot and Kill Hitler?

As the Thousand Year Reich collapses, you have received intelligence that Adolf Hitler is returning to Berlin on board his personal train. Intercept it as it waits at the station. One brief opportunity to do what so many wish had been done – Kill Hitler!

The Sniper Elite V2 pre-purchase offer also includes two extra authentic sniping weapons – the Soviet semi-automatic battle rifle SVT-40 and the standard German service rifle Kar 98:

With its big clip and semi-automatic fire, SVT-40 is the brute of the sniping world. But its lower muzzle velocity leads to more bullet drop over longer ranges, challenging the skills of even the most experienced player.
With the Karabiner you have access to the most powerful zoom in Sniper Elite V2, perfect for long range pinpoint shooting – but only if you can successfully master the ‘Empty Lung’ technique.

One bullet can change history. Pre-purchase Sniper Elite V2 and take the shot…

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I played the demo through, it was good. Alright, very good ;) Love the slomo.

It's 27 quid on Steam atm and in June or July it will probably be about 15 quid. Is it worth paying the extra cash for early access and one shot at Der Fuhrer?

I'm pleased to see it's on Steam as well and not, well, you-know-who ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know just what your saying regarding the price Flops i really do, and your probably dead right. :)

Dont worry it wont me on there, its not made by EA. :D

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered it, two hours before it unlocks. I should have it fully downloaded in 35 mins according to Steam :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Welp, just bought it on Steam, almost finished downloading.

Good new WW2 fps's are thin on the ground and the demo seemed to indicate this is a goodie and £27 seemed fair compared to the prices of BF3 & CoD_MW3 when they were first released. Plus there's the Hitler extra thingie.

So, here's to it unlocking in a coupla days :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Pre loading now. :D

Roll on the 4th.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just finished the main single player campaign. Ten hours worth for £27.00. Hmm.

Haven't tried the challenge mode levels yet or the 'Assassinate Hitler' 'DLC' that came free with the game for a pre-order, so if they're any good should get some more gameplay time from them.

Not really interested in multiplayer either though I may try it.

Thoroughly enjoyed this game, graphics aren't the best in the world but the gameplay is superb.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, I killed Hitler this evening, took me about four tries, you have to hit the bugger about 4 times for him to snuff it. Very good add-on but very short, ten to fifteen minutes gameplay at most if you don't fail first time, would hated to have paid for this as 'DLC'.

The other challenge modes are good as well, you have to fight off waves of enemies, good, but would have preferred longer single player game.

Ask a Question