Nvidia 331.65 WHQL Drivers Released - The BF4/CoD:Ghosts Driver

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Release Summary
This 331.65 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. These Game Ready drivers will also provide performance enhancements in a wide variety of different games.
In addition, the new 331.65 Game Ready driver is bundled with GeForce Experience v1.7 which includes support for two highly-anticipated new technologies. NVIDIA GameStream™ provides end users with the ability to stream PC games from their GeForce GTX-equipped PC directly to a SHIELD device. This update also introduces the Beta version of GeForce ShadowPlay™, an innovated new game capture tool with exceptional features and performance.
New in GeForce R331 Drivers

• Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 690/770/780/TITAN:

• Up to 12% in Battlefield 4
    • Up to 19% in Sniper Elite V2
    • Up to 13% in Dirt: Showdown
    • Up to 9% in Metro: Last Light
    • Up to 9% in Sleeping Dogs
    • Up to 8% in Max Payne 3
    • Up to 6% in F1 2012

• SLI Technology
    • Batman: Arkham Origins – updated profile
    • Battlefield 4 – updated profile
    • Shadow Warrior – added DX9 profile
    • War of the Vikings – added DX11 profile
    • Dragon Sword - updated DX9 profile
    • GRID 2 - updated DX11 profile
    • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - updated profile

• 3D Vision
    • Shadow Warrior – “Excellent”
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts – “Fair”
    • The Wolf Among Us – “Good”

• 4K Displays
    • Adds support for 4K Surround

Additional Details

• Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
  • Installs GeForce Experience v9.3.16.0
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
x64 - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/68799/en-us

Other - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Reaction score
Cheers V_R installing now

Every now and then I install certain drivers and they completely crash my OS not sure why
Lets see if these are ok

Reaction score
Yep as predicted. They shut my monitor off for almost 10minutes it finally came out of power saving mode after installation completed

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I never get that....

How are you installing? Over the top? Fresh?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep as predicted. They shut my monitor off for almost 10minutes it finally came out of power saving mode after installation completed

ah, so if you wait long enough, it all works ... ta. :)

my next card is going to be AMD :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You two got some issues... ;)

Consider doing a clean install, Drivercleaner, safe mode, tick the clean install button, dont copy back profiles etc.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You two got some issues... ;)

Consider doing a clean install, Drivercleaner, safe mode, tick the clean install button, dont copy back profiles etc.

No, we do not have issues ... :rolleyes:

I always do a clean install ... especially drivers.

I make sure I untick the "experience" box, other than that, I've always installed them the same way.

Waiting 4min watching your monitor power light flashing is, unnerving. I, for one automaticly think it's borked, again.

I will be seriously considering an AMD card on my next update ... this 560 is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You clearly do have issues if the screen goes blank for ten minutes lol.

Why do you install the 3D drivers?

Reaction score
I do a clean install and don't install 3d drivers

Pointless ( idon't own a 3d monitor) lol

Some work some don't strange innit

I too have been thinking about a AMD card for my next purchase
I do own a 6core AMD cpu (hopefully an 8core, nxt year) so why not :)

Out of curiosity Mucks which card do you have? It ain't an MSI by any chance is it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Got you and TD mixed up, your both having similar issues. :)

Out of interest, after doing a quick bit of reading, two questions for you both, what DVI port are you using and have you disabled onboard graphics?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I will get those shortly I have a few of the games they improve though I won't be buying Battlefield 4 or CoD Ghosts. tbh I'm fed up with The Call Of Duty series, they have become stale and each issue seems to cost more and get shorter. If EA scrap Origin I'd love to play Battlefield 4, it looks great, but I am not putting up with that Origin pile of poo.

Lemme see, for at least 10 years I have been using Nvidia drivers and in all that time only ever had one problem and Nvidia recognised that and withdrew those drivers within 3 days and advised everybody to roll back until they sorted the prob and issued replacements.

And sometimes I just install straight over the top if I can't be bothered to uninstall, there is that 'Clean install' option after all.

If AMD are so good how come they keep making cards that on paper outperform Nvidia yet all the online computer components suppliers have to sell them at rock bottom prices to shift them?

Maybe I'm missing out on a bargain, lol, I'd buy AMD if I felt sure, I'm no fanboy of any one make. But I don't feel sure, and therein lies the problem ;)

Reaction score
Agreed Flops I'm the same

But I've owned Nvidia for many years, maybe time for a change next year

Ask a Question