Snappy Fax, WinFax and other "fixes"

C

Cyn

Snappy Fax is great, it just doesn't work very well with VOIP, so I had to continue my search. I've found lots of forums upon which folks have installed WinFax Pro 10.3, upgraded to 10.4 and then managed to fax from Vista with a few little adjustments. I may or may not do that. What I DID do is cancel my Vonage fax line and sign up, for about the same price, for Send2Fax Internet faxing services for now. I may try the WinFax Pro trick...I may not. Time marches on. But I agree with everyone who says Microsoft should come up with a product we can use. Assuming that home users didn't need that capacity was the height of arrogance. As a screenwriter, I faxed daily--often several times daily. The Net compromise will make that somewhat easier when I travel...but it galls me that I LOST something when I upgraded thinking I would have more than before...

Cynthia Dagnal Myron

G

George

Can you tell us where to find the fixes for winfax ?
Thanks
George
Snappy Fax is great, it just doesn't work very well with VOIP, so I had to continue my search. I've found lots of forums upon which folks have installed WinFax Pro 10.3, upgraded to 10.4 and then managed to fax from Vista with a few little adjustments. I may or may not do that. What I DID do is cancel my Vonage fax line and sign up, for about the same price, for Send2Fax Internet faxing services for now. I may try the WinFax Pro trick...I may not. Time marches on. But I agree with everyone who says Microsoft should come up with a product we can use. Assuming that home users didn't need that capacity was the height of arrogance. As a screenwriter, I faxed daily--often several times daily. The Net compromise will make that somewhat easier when I travel...but it galls me that I LOST something when I upgraded thinking I would have more than before...

Cynthia Dagnal Myron

Ask a Question