Small window size ... again

Zzaaarathustra

No matter how many times I re-size the Right click window, it keeps
re-setting its self to a smaller size. XP IE6.

It never used to do this.

I'll re-set it so when I right click on a link, it opens maximised.

Then I'll right click on a link that comes up as a small window, and from
then on all windows will be small.

It doesn't do this all the time, but most of the time, although it didn't
before!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Don Varnau

Hi,
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
Internet Explorer Full Size
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/30.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Zzaaarathustra

I do this, then it re-sets its self again!

Sometimes it doesn't do this for months, now its doing this every day.

thanks

Zzaaarathustra said:
No matter how many times I re-size the Right click window, it keeps
re-setting its self to a smaller size. XP IE6.

It never used to do this.

I'll re-set it so when I right click on a link, it opens maximised.

Then I'll right click on a link that comes up as a small window, and from
then on all windows will be small.

It doesn't do this all the time, but most of the time, although it didn't
before!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Zzaaarathustra said:
I do this, then it re-sets its self again!

Sometimes it doesn't do this for months, now its doing this every day.

Any time the last window IE you close is small that is the size IE will use
when you use it again.

Zzaaarathustra

I hadn't had this problems for years, until recently, is thi some kind of
update?

Zzaaarathustra

Ah... Bill has a habit of upgrading his software to make it worse.

Very annoying..

Don Varnau

If you reuse a small, pop-up window, IE might be remembering that size. I
make sure that every IE window is full-sized when I close it.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Zzaaarathustra

Now I'm using the software suggested here, and am getting large windows.

Thxs