From: ljb ([email protected])
Subject: Fix for slow right-click shortcut context menus, Win2k+SP4+Netware
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
Date: 2003-10-01 18:49:08 PST
http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

else:

Justin Scott had a similar problem after upgrading to SP3, and this was his
solution:

Subject: NEVERMIND was Re: Win2K SP3 - file/disk properties no longer display?
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:02:47 -0700
From: Justin Scott <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

<quote>
I've discovered the problem; apparently my firewalls (Tiny Personal Firewall
and ZoneAlarm) were keeping the Web Publishing Service from starting, which in
turn was causing VirusScan to hang and also the disk properties not to show
(due to the Web Sharing tab that should've been there).

By disabling Zonealarm and Tiny Personal Firewall, restarting, then restarting
the firewalls (and giving them the OK to allow traffic to the updated SP3
files), everything is fine now.
</quote>

Here is also some input from ZoneAlarm Support about this:
http://www.google.com/groups?&[email protected]

Graham Dutton

My "Slow Right Click" problem was very weird. I had a shortcut in my
start menu pointing to PhotoShop on my work colleagues PC and he was
on his hols so his PC was switched off, I switched his PC on and it
now works fine again. Phew!!! The slow right click is caused when
Windows is searching registry and cant find an application associated
to a file type.

Graham Dutton
www.grahamdutton.co.uk