Slow Progam and Publishing

G

I have an issue with FP2003. It takes around 30 min to publish less than 1 meg file over cable connection. (also takes around 5-10 min to connect to server). One moment publishing great. Go to update an BLAM. I ping server at less than 39 ms. Its slow to ANY server. ISP says my connection is fine. Right now publishing and cpu load is at 99%. Nothing else running. (AMD 2.8 with 1536 megs ram.) I ran clean install on OS (win XP PRO) and installed FP only with service packs before I ran. Ran great for 2 days. My upload spead is 0kb per sec with max of 3kb per sec now. Tops before was 24kb per sec.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
Usually in
%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

Also check that you are publishing changes only

--

| I have an issue with FP2003. It takes around 30 min to publish less than 1 meg file over cable connection. (also takes around 5-10
min to connect to server). One moment publishing great. Go to update an BLAM. I ping server at less than 39 ms. Its slow to ANY
server. ISP says my connection is fine. Right now publishing and cpu load is at 99%. Nothing else running. (AMD 2.8 with 1536 megs
ram.) I ran clean install on OS (win XP PRO) and installed FP only with service packs before I ran. Ran great for 2 days. My upload
spead is 0kb per sec with max of 3kb per sec now. Tops before was 24kb per sec.

G

This morning I was performing a Remote to Local save. Shocking to me it was downloading at 80kb/Sec. Then it dropped to 0 to 1 kb/Sec half way through. Here is the catch. I can download a 5 meg file at 400-487kb/Sec, while at the same time downloading to FP with a rate of 0-1kb/Sec. It does not change the speed. I did delete the .web files from the cache as suggested. Anymore ideas? I am using 1and1 internet for my provider at 1and1.com. My site is lostchildprevention.com that I am having problems with. I am running 4 subsites, but they were added AFTER this connection speed issue came about. Is there somewhere I can test my connection speed with FP on my system?

----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: ----

In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web file
Usually i
%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cach

Also check that you are publishing changes onl

--

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as

| I have an issue with FP2003. It takes around 30 min to publish less than 1 meg file over cable connection. (also takes around 5-1
min to connect to server). One moment publishing great. Go to update an BLAM. I ping server at less than 39 ms. Its slow to AN
server. ISP says my connection is fine. Right now publishing and cpu load is at 99%. Nothing else running. (AMD 2.8 with 1536 meg
ram.) I ran clean install on OS (win XP PRO) and installed FP only with service packs before I ran. Ran great for 2 days. My uploa
spead is 0kb per sec with max of 3kb per sec now. Tops before was 24kb per sec

Ask a Question