Skype Phones

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone use a USB Skype phone or have any recommendations? :)

Cheers.

Bodhi

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I actually prefer a headset, leaves you hands free to do stuff on the 'puter whilst you're talking.

I don't have any experience of the USB Skype phones but I guess the advantage would be not having to plug two jack plugs in if you don't have front case mounted sockets.

I've seen them on sale at SVP, the people who do the blank media.

Reaction score
THad a USB Skype Handset on "test" from work. What I found was that whilst using it you still needed two hands to be able to work, it was a bit of a PITA. Quickly swapped it for a headset. Besides, you tried playing CS:Source and abusing mates whilst holding a handset?!
laughingsmiley.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone know the rate of growth for VOIP? I`m kinda interested in it...but am I right in saying anyone ya wanna talk to needs a set as well?

BT et al withh either have to jump on the bandwagon, or lose that entire section of their business (eventually).... thats a lot of jobs. How can ya compete with something thats free? :)

Reaction score
I think if both people have skype and a phone/headset its totally free, ive had a brief look and it looks a lot like MSN. I guess it works the same way.

You can still call using skype to landlines and mobiles and it's cheaper than regular phonecalls i think.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong people!! Hmmm, might look at headsets then, just that handsets seemed to be the logical way to go, replace the normal phone with a skype phone.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
PC to PC calls are free and to a land line or mobile you have to pay

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just wondered whether you have seen the "Plantronics" Skype-ready USB headsets? I bought one last year and find it pretty good - Skype recommend them on their website. It works just as well with other Messenger programmes too. :)

Ask a Question