Windows XP Skype and file transfers .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Was looking through the Skype site for info on international calls and boy are they cheap . Anyways found out that you can transfer files aswell as all the otheer stuff that it does . Interesting bit is that the size of the file is not important .

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/allfeatures/filetransfer/

user.gif
:D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes I use Skype and have sent many files over in my time using it..

I did send a file over to my brother the other evening, it was just over 15MB but took over 30 minutes in all which was quite slow..was transferring at about 12kb

So for sending small files yes its a viable option to others, but larger files will mean lengthy sessions with Skype open..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Yes I use Skype and have sent many files over in my time using it..

I did send a file over to my brother the other evening, it was just over 15MB but took over 30 minutes in all which was quite slow..was transferring at about 12kb

So for sending small files yes its a viable option to others, but larger files will mean lengthy sessions with Skype open..

Time of transfer wouldn't realy be a problem for anyone crunching . Its an alternative to cd burning and snail mail .

nod.gif

Ask a Question