Blocks ads

All in one Sidebar
Good way to manage downloads, bookmarks etc

FireFTP
Good FTP client, although i use filezila the most

Flagfox
More interesting that useful, but still worth a look

GUI:Config
Recommended by Quad, easier than playing with about:config! ;)

IE Tab
For the few sites that dont like FF

SiteAdvisor
The old favourite, for giving you an idea on the state of webbys you see in google

Piclens
Just pure awesomeness, the best addon ever! Use it with google image search, youtube and many more. A must have for FF users. :D

Google Toolbar
Google's toolbar, that is all.

Stumbleupon
Great for finding random stuff on the internet when your bored!

Extended Status Bar
Displays load times, number of images, page size etc on the status bar like opera, very cool.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Theres always one, well two then! lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I mainly use FF for testing things, but other than some on your list I use:

Firebug
Handy inline CSS/HTML editor for web developers

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well I still use and like FF :p so, here are mine:

DOM Inspector: Inspects the structure and properties of a window and its contents

Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
: Synchronizes your bookmarks across machines

Met Office Weather Gadget
: Essential forecasts for everyone, every day

Talkback: Sends information about programme crashes to Mozilla

:D

Reaction score
V_R said:
So what add-ons do you use for the best browser that is Firefox? :D

Well I put it down to personal prefrence..If you say FF is the best that is your choice.....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

These are the ones I am using on my Mandriva linux set up at the moment. I do need to add FasterFox and a couple of themes and a few more add ons.
I use a couple more on me XP set up and if I find time I might post later on.

Surprised about all the negatives being shown here about FF. I find it very secure and very easy to set a back up and rescue fix (FEBE). An as far as I can remember it has never crashed on me yet. With Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchroniser it is a doddle to set up FF on a new pc, click click and you have all your favourite bookmarks on your new set up, that's cool. G Directions is cool too, highlight and click and you have instant directions and map from your home etc to wherever, neat.

Anyone know of a add-on that lets you use IE pages in FF for linux ? IE TAB only works under windows.

happywave.gif

Attachments

• lc8.jpg
    lc8.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 273

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Surprised about all the negatives being shown here about FF.....
I wasn't being negative - I just don't use it as IE does all I need and doesn't give me any problems......FF is very good, but its all about personal preference
nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I wasn't being negative - I just don't use it as IE does all I need and doesn't give me any problems......FF is very good, but its all about personal preference
nod.gif

Negative was probably the wrong word to use. Still suprised by the folk not using FF. I thought it was supposed to be a lot more secure than IE, so I thought folk would use it for the security it offered.
nod.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
nod.gif

Snap.

I'm aware FF is rated better and I also know IE7 is flawed and vulnerable, but I like it and I don't like FF, simple as that :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I don't like FF either never have, IE does all I want it to and I like it, always have done...Personal preference thing again..:nod:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
What do people mean by FF is more secure than IE7, if i use IE7 are people gonna hack my computer???

Never been hacked before but then again there is absolutly nothing of use to any one either of my PCs, unless you want about 800 SNES games.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All versions of Internet Explorer have been prone to exploits the main reason(s) being that most virus writer's main aim is to bring down the mighty Microsoft and IE has always been full of holes, back doors and weaknesses.

IE is a prime target, in other words, and Microsoft is constantly engaged in a running battle with the hackers.

Ever wondered what the majority of all those Microsoft security updates are for? That's right - IE.

Ask a Question