Sick Puppy needs internet connection

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I downloaded the latest Puppy 430 and installed it on a usb stick. Runs fine except that I can not get it to find a driver for me ethernet.
Mobo is a Asus M2N32 Sli Deluxe nForce 590. Uses Nvidia MCP55 drivers.

When I run the Puppy wizard for setting up the ethernet it tells me I need a ".inf" type of file and that these can be found in a windows system. Looked and found some .inf files but they do not work.

Anyone got any bright ideas.

happywave.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Drivers off Asus site no good?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you try the inf files from the Windows drivers on the Asus site? It might be worth downloading all the possible windows varients (98, XP, Vista, 7) and see if any of the inf files work with it. :)

edit: Do the nForce Linux drivers on this page work:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.23.html

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Did you try the inf files from the Windows drivers on the Asus site? It might be worth downloading all the possible windows varients (98, XP, Vista, 7) and see if any of the inf files work with it. :)

edit: Do the nForce Linux drivers on this page work:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.23.html

The Windows drivers from the ASUS site come as a package MCP 55 which contains loads of stuff. There is a ethernet folder and it contains some .inf files I have tried to use theses but no joy. I recon that the .inf files on their own are not enough.

Looked at the Nvidia link and the pack shown has various packages for some linux os's but no .inf files that I could see.

I recon a Pet Package has to be created for the drivers that I need. Or a command line wizard with some skill might be able to install the drivers but it is way beyond my skill level.

If no on has any more info I'll have to join the Kennel Club and ask for some help :D

Ta fer your thoughts folks.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question