SHM-CD anyone tried them?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Browsing the Tunetribe website, I came upon the info quoted below. The CDs in this format are pretty pricey, (around £30 with a penny change!) So I was wondering, has anyone here actually tried them? And if so, what is your verdict?

I'm thinking that this would maybe be more for the audiophiles with high-end listening equipment, but feeling curious. ;)

SHM-CD

shm.gif
The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic.

Using a process developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan discovered through the joint companies' research into LCD display manufacturing, SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head.

SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players. Experience the high-fidelity audio quality of the SHM-CD format!

Ask a Question