Sharing activities history

Graeme at Raptup

Hi,
we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server).
I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use would
be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a contact
we can have a quick look at recent communications.
I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but they
are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?!
We are using Outlook 2007.

Thanks,

Graeme

Graeme at Raptup

Thanks for the reply.
You mentioned 1 public folder at a time - will that perhaps not apply here?
We have set up a shared public folder of contacts for everyone to use.

Diane Poremsky said:
There hasn't been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in your
mailbox or 1 public folder at a time.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

Graeme at Raptup said:
Hi,
we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server).
I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use
would
be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a
contact
we can have a quick look at recent communications.
I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but
they
are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?!
We are using Outlook 2007.

Thanks,

Graeme

Sue Mosher [MVP]

The one public folder at a time refers to the results of the search, not the
location of the contacts folder.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Graeme at Raptup said:
Hi,
we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server).
I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use
would
be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a
contact
we can have a quick look at recent communications.
I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but
they
are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?!
We are using Outlook 2007.

Thanks,

Graeme

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Was the public folder enabled for activities? right click on contacts,
choose properties, activities tab and add the PF to the list.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

"Efthimios Spir" wrote in message
I'm facing the same issue, but can you please tell me how can I add a
Journal entry to a contact located in our public folder so that this entry
is saved to the Public journal folder?
So far, when I add a journal, it is saved to my personal folder, and moving
to the public folder does not make the entry visible by others in the
contact's activity tab.
Hi,
we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server).
I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use
would
be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a
contact
we can have a quick look at recent communications.
I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but
they
are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?!
We are using Outlook 2007.

Thanks,

Graeme
There has not been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in