Sharing a folder from a Win 2K host to 98's

I have a shared folder that resides on a Win 2K Pro host. This same share
used to reside on a Win 98 host. The host machine name is the same and the
share name is the same. I created the share under the administrator account.
The share is visible (the cupped hand appears under the folder icon) under
the administrator, but not under anyone logged onto the host machine under
the domain it is part of.

I have tried to set permissions on the folder to include read permission for
all domain accounts, but the Win 98 machines (on the same domain) no longer
can access the share from shortcuts to it.

Is there any way I can share a folder on a Win 2K Pro host and have Win 98
machines on the same domain be able to access the share no matter who is
logged onto the 2K host?

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Give "Everyone" permission to access the share.
--------------------
'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?Qi4gTWVpbmNrZQ==?=" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Sharing a folder from a Win 2K host to 98's
'--'Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:41:02 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
[...]
'--'Thanks,
'--'--
'--'BJM
'--'ACE Assistant
'--'Gary Allan High School
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.