Shared fax services stops receiving faxes

Greg

We had a Brooktrout Trufax installed in a old Dell 233 Dimensions box
running Windows 2003 w/Shared Fax Services that worked perfectly, however we
retired that old box and moved the card over to a new HP DL360 w/2003 SP1
and now every week or so it simply stops picking up the line to Auto Answer
faxes. The service is running, I can connect to the network fax printer from
a client it just doesn't answer the line. Sometimes I can kill the faxsvc
process and restart it to get it going, but usually I have to reboot the
box. I've turned up logging in the Fax Service Manager, but it doesn't
reveal anything... Any ideas??

Thanks,

-g

Alex Feinman [MVP]

Talk to brooktrout support. They have a process to enable board FSP logging
(I can't remember off-hand). IT might help with troubleshooting.

Jason Tan

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting!

I understand that you moved a Brooktrout Trufax card to a new HP DL360
w/2003 SP1 and now it stops picking up the line to Auto Answer faxes. If I
have misunderstood your concerns, please feel free to let me know.

At this point, the issue appears to be related to Brooktrout Trufax card, a
third party hardware. Therefore, I would like to suggest you contact the
vendor to obtain the latest version driver of the card. Hope you get the
appropriate information there. For your convenience, I am including the
corresponding URL as below for your reference:

http://www.techland.co.uk/index/page.faxsupport

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site.
Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft
does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information
found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations
regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or
information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any
software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure
that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from
the Internet.

Hope the information helps.

Best & Regards,

Jason Tan