SFU 3.0 Authentication on NT 4 DC

G

Hell

I have one server running Chameleon Unix Link 97. It is an NT 4 PDC and the NFS server all in one. It hosts all the NFS shares

I have been assigned the task of updating the server. I have installed Windows Server 2000 and SFU 3.0 on a new server. I have added this box to the domain and set up SFU. I have copied all the shares and their access lists to the win2K box. (I will not be upgrading to active directory for this project due to custom application issues.

My issue comes down to the fact that I need to place the authentication piece for SFU on the PDC that is running a different NFS program(Chameleon). I am reticent about adding the microsoft sfu authentication piece onto a production server that already has an NFS product on it. Has anybody ever ran two nfs products on one box? I have seen on the lists that say all I need to do is register a DLL on the PDC server. Does anybody have the instructions for this process? Is it easy to remove if it doesn't work

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

peace ou
Barry

C

Charlie Russel - MVP

Barry --
I can think of no reason that the authentication piece would cause a
problem on that server. Installation is trivial when done from the command
line, and will install only that piece. The command line for installation is
in the auth paper referenced in my sig. And yes, you could remove it easily
if there were problems. But you will need it on the PDC if you're going to
use SFU NFS server.