Issues with SFU 3.5 on win2003

G

Hello,

We have a Windows 2000 Server (SBS) which is running SFU 3.5. This is used to connect our document management system called Ecabinet, which is developed by Ricoh, to the win2k server so the tape drive can backup the data. We have recently installed a Windows 2003 Server, to in time replace the Windows 2k Server.

The SFU install on the Windows 2000 Server was the standard installation of SFU, and it works fine. I've also install SFU on the Windows 2003 Server, but im having problems connecting the Ecabinet to the 2003 server. The SFU of the win2003 server is setup the same as the win2000 server. The message i get on the Ecabinet system is when connecting to the win2003 server is "Unable to create remote subpath on specified NFS host and remote path.". I can replicate this error message on the win2000 server by removing the, Allow Anonymous Access from the NFS SHARE properties box.

I can't see any changing in the setup, unless win2003 isn't allowing anonymous access at all.

Can anyone help me with this issue as I can't seem to figure this one out.

Thank You

Nige N

Reaction score
I am trying to do the same thing (eCabinet to Windows 2003)

Actually I am running Windows 2003 R2 - which adds "NFS file sharing services"
You should u/g to R2 and install that NFS server services from the "add-remove" - windows components.

I am not a UNIX guru so I don't know how to set it up.

I can get the eCabinet to successfully test the Windows 2003R2 server.

How do you have yor fields in the eCabinte configured for remote path?
I am using "/ecabinet" (w/o the quotes)

I don't know how to specdify the eCabinet users within Windows 2003 to be added since the Windows server is a domain member and the eCabinet is not (plus I am unable to get the eCabinet to join the domain - so any help there would be appreciated

Lonnie

Ask a Question