setup without CD

John

hi,

i would like to run XP home setup from a folder on my
harddrive rather than booting from the setup disc. i have
tried just copying the i386, etc folder from the disc and
running it, but theres a message about needing something
called smartdrive or something. how exactly can i run
windows xp home setup from my harddrive and which files
exactly do i need to copy from my setup disc?

thank you
john

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to start the Setup program from MS-DOS in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307848&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316941

--