settings in User Interface Component

F

FCBfreak

Hi,

I disabled 'Show my documents on Start Menu', 'Show Control Panel on
Start Menu', 'Show all program list on Start Menu', etc...

To be correct, I only enabled 'Show Shutdown', 'Lock taskbar' and 'Use
Windows Classic Folders'.

However after deployment, the control panel, all programs installed,
favorites are still appearing in the Start menu!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

K

KM

FCBfreak,

Frankly, I never trusted the User Interface Core component settings in TD (that's what you're referring to, right?)
Those settings always tend to be overwritten by some other components.

What you probably want to do is to remove "Standard Start Menu Shortcuts" component and that will help your image to get rid of
bunch of links under Start Menu.
Other stuff, like Control Panel, My Documents, etc., can be hidden by group policy settings (basically the same as the User
Interface Core uses) either at run time or pre-setting appropriate registry entries in TD or during FBA.

F

FCBfreak

FCBfreak,

Frankly, I never trusted the User Interface Core component settings in TD (that's what you're referring to, right?)
Those settings always tend to be overwritten by some other components.

What you probably want to do is to remove "Standard Start Menu Shortcuts" component and that will help your image to get rid of
bunch of links under Start Menu.
Other stuff, like Control Panel, My Documents, etc., can be hidden by group policy settings (basically the same as the User
Interface Core uses) either at run time or pre-setting appropriate registry entries in TD or during FBA.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

KM,

The "Standard Start Menu Shortcuts" component isn't part of my runtime
build.

"Policy settings at run time" -> where exactly can I configure these,
please?
Extra components need to be added (maybe some control panel
components)?

Regards

K

KM

Most of these policies have been discussed in the newsgroup quite many times.
I suggest you to save this NG archive search link in your favorites:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded/topics.

If you want to play wit the policies at run time you will need to add gpedit.msc (Group Policy Editor) component and resolve its
dependencies.
Otherwise you can set appropriate registry entries. On the following page you will be able to download Excel document that describes
most of the client group policies of XP and lists their mapped registry settings:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2F-DA15-438D-8E48-45915CD2BC14&displaylang=en

A little bit more about group policy games on XPe on this page:
http://km-dev.blogspot.com/2007/04/xpe-tip-29-how-to-prepare-and-add-group.html

X

xiaoyuandlg

If you want to make the best use of the User Interface Component, you may read something more relevant like the UI component tutorial.

Ask a Question