mapping and SNFS Authentication falling into the same branch, but that
is another story).

Anyhow, when I manually run "msiexec /i sfusetup.msi
TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst" it will install everything
perfectly. However when I use the Group Policy, the installation is
finished, but when I try to open the MMC Administration for the
products, I get an error:

Title Bar: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Message: Exception occurred while executing the function: window_onload.

After that I am not able to configure NFS nor the User Mapping Service.
Services are running in Control Panel though. If I go into Add/Remove
Programs and choose Change, then Repair, the product is fine.

Any reason why it doesn't install properly via Group Policy but is fine
running msiexec manually?

Thanks,
Victor

C

Chriss3

Are the modifications added the particular package?

--
Regards,

Christoffer Andersson
No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
If the information was help full, you can let me know at:
http://www.itsystem.se/employers.asp?ID=1

"VictorC" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet I am having problems installing SFU via Group Policy. I only want to install NFS Client and User Mapping Service. So I have to use two transforms: one provided by MS (SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst and a custom one I created with Wise Install Editor). The reason I need to use two of them is because Wise has a bug where it didn't capture the fact I don't want NFS Server nor NFS Server Authentication. (I think it's because client and server for NFS fall into the same selection branch as well as user mapping and SNFS Authentication falling into the same branch, but that is another story).
Anyhow, when I manually run "msiexec /i sfusetup.msi TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst" it will install everything perfectly. However when I use the Group Policy, the installation is finished, but when I try to open the MMC Administration for the products, I get an error:

After that I am not able to configure NFS nor the User Mapping Service. Services are running in Control Panel though. If I go into Add/Remove Programs and choose Change, then Repair, the product is fine.

Any reason why it doesn't install properly via Group Policy but is fine running msiexec manually?

Thanks,
Victor

C

Chriss3

Victor, when you add the MSI package within the Group Policy. Do you add the modification files to the particular packages then, or do you just type the sfusetup.msi TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst when you add the package ?

--
Regards,

Christoffer Andersson

"VictorC" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet I'm not sure what you are asking?
Victor

Chriss3 wrote:

--
Regards, Christoffer Andersson
"VictorC" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet am having problems installing SFU via Group Policy. I only want to install NFS Client and User Mapping Service. So I have to use two transforms: one provided by MS (SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst and a custom one I created with Wise Install Editor). The reason I need to use two of them is because Wise has a bug where it didn't capture the fact I don't want NFS Server nor NFS Server Authentication. (I think it's because client and server for NFS fall into the same selection branch as well as user mapping and SNFS Authentication falling into the same branch, but that is another story).
Anyhow, when I manually run "msiexec /i sfusetup.msi TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst" it will install everything perfectly. However when I use the Group Policy, the installation is finished, but when I try to open the MMC Administration for the products, I get an error:

After that I am not able to configure NFS nor the User Mapping Service. Services are running in Control Panel though. If I go into Add/Remove Programs and choose Change, then Repair, the product is fine.

Any reason why it doesn't install properly via Group Policy but is fine running msiexec manually?

Thanks,
Victor

V

VictorC

In the Group Policy, I right-click, choose New Package, and point to the
sfusetup.msi file.

At the next window, I go to the modifications tab, and then add the
sfunosnfsauth.mst tranform first, followed by my customized one. I have
also tried just adding one transform (sfunosnfsauth.mst) but that didn't
help either.

After adding the new package, I replicate the Domain Controllers and
reboot the target client computer. Upon reboot, I see the package
installing, but I just can't configure it after I log in.

When that didn't work, I uninstalled SFU completely, removed the package
from Group Policy, and rebooted. Once the computer was back up, I
logged in and manually executed the line "msiexec /i sfusetup.msi
TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst" The program installs also
but this time I can go into the Admin web tool with no error.

Victor

C

Chriss3

a modification can only be applied at once. I'm also lost here

--
Regards,

Christoffer Andersson

"VictorC" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet In the Group Policy, I right-click, choose New Package, and point to the sfusetup.msi file.
At the next window, I go to the modifications tab, and then add the sfunosnfsauth.mst tranform first, followed by my customized one. I have also tried just adding one transform (sfunosnfsauth.mst) but that didn't help either.

After adding the new package, I replicate the Domain Controllers and reboot the target client computer. Upon reboot, I see the package installing, but I just can't configure it after I log in.

When that didn't work, I uninstalled SFU completely, removed the package from Group Policy, and rebooted. Once the computer was back up, I logged in and manually executed the line "msiexec /i sfusetup.msi TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst" The program installs also but this time I can go into the Admin web tool with no error.

Victor

Chriss3 wrote:

Victor, when you add the MSI package within the Group Policy. Do you add the modification files to the particular packages then, or do you just type the sfusetup.msi TRANSFORMS="SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst;mycustom.mst when you add the package ?
--
"VictorC" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet not sure what you are asking?
Victor

Chriss3 wrote:

--
"VictorC" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet am having problems installing SFU via Group Policy. I only want to install NFS Client and User Mapping Service. So I have to use two transforms: one provided by MS (SfuNoSNFSAuth.mst and a custom one I created with Wise Install Editor). The reason I need to use two of them is because Wise has a bug where it didn't capture the fact I don't want NFS Server nor NFS Server Authentication. (I think it's because client and server for NFS fall into the same selection branch as well as user mapping and SNFS Authentication falling into the same branch, but that is another story).

Thanks,
Victor

Ask a Question