From: "alan" <[email protected]>
Subject: service pack 4 spoolsv.exe
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:09:11 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server

Hi,

I just installed sp4 for win2000 server and on reboot got
an error that spoolsv.exe was looking for and couldn't
find hpbvcmnt.dll. I found the file and installed it at
which point the error on boot changed to "bad image,
please check against install disk." I thought JetAdmin
might be causing the error so i uninstalled that, no
luck. I can't find any help in the databases and would
appreciate it if anyone could share their thoughts on the
matter.

Thanks much, alan.
--

Alan,

I believe the file Hpbvcmnt.dll belongs to the HP LaserJet 4xxx series printer driver. If you have any of these printers
installed we might want to remove the driver and then re-install it.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.