"Server not configured for transactions" error

Fran Varona

I have several computers, with Win2K Prof, configured for networking and
file sharing. Suddenly, several computers can't browse through "My network
places", and I get the error "Server not configured for transactions".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Fran Varona

Fran Varona

As far as I know, yes... I mean, SP4, Blaster and Sasser patched, Windows
Update patched.

Fran Varona

Fran Varona

Yes, they are in a workgroup, peer-to-peer network, with users well
configured (they were networking OK until last week).

Regards,

Fran Varona

Marina Roos said:
Are they in a workgroup?

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

Fran Varona said:
As far as I know, yes... I mean, SP4, Blaster and Sasser patched, Windows
Update patched.

Fran Varona

"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <[email protected]> escribió en el
mensaje news:9eksc.2244$%[email protected]...
Are all computers fully patched?

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"Fran Varona" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
I have several computers, with Win2K Prof, configured for networking and
file sharing. Suddenly, several computers can't browse through "My network
places", and I get the error "Server not configured for transactions".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Fran Varona

Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]

Make sure all computers are in the same workgroup and that all useraccounts
exist on all computers (W2K/XP's). Got File- and printersharing loaded? Is
Netbios over TCP/IP enabled (Advanced properties of TCP/IP, tab WINS)?
From the commandprompt type "net share" (without quotes). What do you get?

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

Fran Varona said:
Yes, they are in a workgroup, peer-to-peer network, with users well
configured (they were networking OK until last week).

Regards,

Fran Varona

Marina Roos said:
Are they in a workgroup?

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

Fran Varona said:
As far as I know, yes... I mean, SP4, Blaster and Sasser patched, Windows
Update patched.

Fran Varona

"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <[email protected]> escribió
en
el networking
and