Sending Form information to an Email address ...

G

I am designing a website using Front Page 2002 on my local system, which I will eventually publish to a web server with Front Page extensions. When setting up forms to Email information, I get a message that the Front Page extensions need to be installed and configured. I go ahead and save the settings, and when I preview in a browser I see a line that says
[FrontPage Save Results Component

My questions are
Is it acceptable to configure a form on my local system to email information before it is published to the Front Page Server?
If so, Will the [FrontPage Save Results Component] line show up once the forms are published to the web server
Should I (or can I) publish the site to the web server and then set the form to Email information?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Yes
Ignore the prompt (leave the email address) in your local disc based web
- Just make sure you host has the FP SE and Email Transport Enabled on your site and you publish using FP http mode

--

| I am designing a website using Front Page 2002 on my local system, which I will eventually publish to a web server with Front Page
extensions. When setting up forms to Email information, I get a message that the Front Page extensions need to be installed and
configured. I go ahead and save the settings, and when I preview in a browser I see a line that says:
| [FrontPage Save Results Component]
|
| My questions are:
| Is it acceptable to configure a form on my local system to email information before it is published to the Front Page Server?
| If so, Will the [FrontPage Save Results Component] line show up once the forms are published to the web server?
| Should I (or can I) publish the site to the web server and then set the form to Email information?

Ask a Question