Send To menu problem

kinketsu_google_groups

Hi,

I am experiencing a baffling problem with my Send To menu. I can't
recall doing anything special that would have caused this ... I hope
someone has ideas.

When I right-click on a document and choose Send To, the list that XP
gives me is

My Documents
Shared Documents
Local Disk (C:)
<others>

where <others> is a list of all system drives, fixed or removable.
Nothing else is in <others>.

This is NOT what appears in my Send To folder for my account. The
items in that folder are NOT included in <others>.

What I have tried:

** Start > Run > sendto ... yields the expected Send To folder. The
contents of this folder, as noted above, are sadly NOT what appears in
the Send To list when I right-click.

** I tried installing SendToToys
(http://www.gabrieleponti.com/downloads/sendtotoys.exe). That little
app also talks to my expected Send To folder, but does not change the
strange system behaviour.

So, it looks like some obscure setting (or malicious code?) has
hijacked my Send To menu.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance !

Kin

Wesley Vogel

These may not all be necessary, but it can't hurt.

Start | Run | Type: regsvr32 sendmail.dll | Click OK

Start | Run | Type: regsrv32 ole32 | Click OK

Start | Run | Type: regsrv32 /i shell32 | Click OK

Start | Run | Type: regsvr32 sendto | Click OK

See also...
Shortcuts in the "Send To" folder not appearing in the menu
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

kinketsu_google_groups

Hi Wes,

Hey, thanks ... some progress after this.

The first 3 regsvr32 worked just fine. However, "regsvr32 sendto"
yields an error from RegSvr32 of LoadLibrary("sendto") failed - The
specified module could not be found.

I ran the sendtofix, and things are much improved. The various items
from my own Send To folder now appear ... so I can function again.
(Didn't realize how ingrained Send To is in my way of working with the
machine until it was broken in a way I couldn't figure out how to fix
....)

A couple of things I'd still like to improve upon:

* There's still a laundry list in Send To of fixed and removable
drives, as well as folders like My Documents ... would rather all those
don't appear. They are not in my Send To folder. Is there any easy
way to shut them off?

* the regsvr32 sendto still yields the error noted above, even after
the fix. Does this indicate a problem, still?

Thanks very much for the help,

Kin

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Also tell us what exactly does the Send To folder contain. Are they special
icons or just shortcuts?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

[...]

Ramesh, MS-MVP

wow everyone has started playing cricket, even US and Canada.

BTW, unforgettable bowling by Ntini. I saw this match
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200603/s1583831.htm

One such bowler for us would good enough.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/howzat-china-embraces-cricket/2006/03/03/1141191849511.html

Be scared, be very scared. They have you in their sights.

David Candy

Sth Africia and Sri Lanka was here for summer. They won early games easily. Then Australia clicked and neither could get close. SL pissed all over SA as well.

Better to play cricket than toss nukes.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
Ramesh said:
wow everyone has started playing cricket, even US and Canada.

BTW, unforgettable bowling by Ntini. I saw this match
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200603/s1583831.htm

One such bowler for us would good enough.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/howzat-china-embraces-cricket/2006/03/03/1141191849511.html

Be scared, be very scared. They have you in their sights.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Watched the VB series as well. Great performance by Symonds / Hussey /
Clarke overall. Muralitharan was hit mercilessly for sixes in one match.
Then "Gillie" gave a finishing touch for the series.