seeing only a part of worksheet

Reaction score
Hi, I have created a worksheet in which many textboxes, option buttons etc are there which i drew using control tool bar (basically it looks like a dialogue box). This page acts as a control panel. On entering data in this sheet, some outputs are obtained in some other worksheet.
The height and width of this dialogue box is such that it covers all the cells from A1 to H35.
When i open this worksheet, I want to see only this dialogue box. I dont want to see other cells i.e a36- the belows cells and the columns after column H. i just want the dialogue box in the entire screen of worksheet.
Could you please tell me how to do that??
PLease... im in a very desperate need... :(:(:(:(:(

Reaction score
emmanuel,

I am not sure I understand your work flow, but here are a couple of tips that may help:
Use a form with form controls for data input, not a spreadsheet with added textboxes unless you need see the spreadsheet. That will give you the control panel without the spreadsheet view.
The forms are typically modal, in other words you will have to complete and close the form before you can execute work on the spreadsheet directly.
I looked in the Object Browser, you can try the worksheets.visible property and set it to false when you display the dialog box. You will want to reset it to true when you close the dialog box (usually with the click event) so you see the spreadsheet. If you want to change focus, the click event can redirect to any cell on any sheet- just put the instruction before the form.hide command.Create a command button on a spreadsheet to kick off the form using the form.show command, put buttons on the form to force data to locations as you describe in your post.
If you have not already, comment your code and make yourself a helper workbook. I keep track of each function I write within the code so I remember what each subroutine is dependent upon.
Finally, keep posting your questions. You have a pretty complex understanding of Excel and we all benefit from it.

Stoneboysteve

Ask a Question