I get this message when I try to use QuickBooks -

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX
controls on this page".
Ive checked the settings on IE6.0 and they are set at the
default levels for both Internet (Medium) and Local
intranet (medium-low).

I'm using Windows XP and this is something that has just
cropped up recently as I had been able to see these pages
before... so what have I done? And how can I correct it?

Thanks for your advice.

G

Hi! if you type" security settings" into the question box both here at Internet6 and Windows XP General you will find that there are tons of us experiencing the very same problem. I have tried several solutions and none have worked. I am now dealing with Dell Support via my home addrress because I cannot access tech support any other way. Cannot even access Microsoft support- seems we are all having the same problem. Am wondering if we all have Norton( that is when my problem started on 3/4)???

G

I get the same message when I try to use windows update, when I try to access Yahoo chat, and when I try to download yahoo messenger. Now I can't even use MSN explorer or my hotmail e-mail. It all started for me when i upgraded to windows xp from windows 98. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem on my computer but nothing seems to work. I have adjusted my settings so many times that I just want to scream, I have recently reset my settings back to default. If anyone can help, I would be so grateful

----- Jim wrote: ----

I get this message when I try to use QuickBooks -

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX
controls on this page"
Ive checked the settings on IE6.0 and they are set at the
default levels for both Internet (Medium) and Local
intranet (medium-low)

I'm using Windows XP and this is something that has just
cropped up recently as I had been able to see these pages
before... so what have I done? And how can I correct it

Thanks for your advice

Ask a Question