Aug 12, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I found my way to PC Review by searching Google for 'microsoft word last saved by'.

I seemingly could not view the thread listed by Google until I registered, but once I registered, no string that I used in "Search Forums" produced the thread I was looking for.

I went to Google again, and this time the link displayed the exact thread shown in Google:

"How to change last saved by?", from 03-10-2004, 10:57 AM

Can you explain this?

Incidentally, the thread provided the answer to my question .

Ian

Administrator
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
19,873
Reaction score
1,499
I'm not sure why you weren't able to view the thread as a guest, as I've tried that now on another machine and it works ok.

However I can explain the search function problem :) The forum software builds a database of search words and doesn't index words with less than 4 characters (which isn't ideal), so your thread title will only use 2 of the words to search a big database. It's not ideal, but it's the only type of forum search that the software can do at an ideal speed. To try and mitigate this to an extent, I've added a google search button for guests to use which is a much more powerful search engine. :)