GOOGLE SEARCH HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Hi
I'm probably in the totally wrong forum. Sorry if this is the case but I am looking for help after trying to solve my problem all evening regarding my google web search options. After logging on tonight to search google the option to choose either- search pages from the uk or from the web has disappeared. In fact the whole left hand side of the google home page which previously had this option is gone and there is just a blank area where it used to be. I have tried ticking and unticking various options and disabling the google toolbar and renabling plus searching the web for how to get this option back with no luck.Can anyone help?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hello garjan. It would seem that Google has recently made some changes to the usual layout, which I noticed yesterday, when I too, wanted to make a specific search for something.

Now, when you search, look beneath the search-bar, and you will see a row of tabs: ( Web, Images, Maps, Shopping, Blogs, More, Search tools) clicking the last link will open another row of options (The web, Any time, All results, Search near..) Clicking The Web, will allow you to set either pages from the UK or Web; clicking the last option will allow you to localise your searches even more.

I don't find that the options show up on the Homepage, but they will after you've entered a search. (Imho, it was less fiddly the old way...:rolleyes:)

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Taffycat . Thanks very much for responding so quickly. I found the options you mention but the web button doesnt do anything. I am talking about first button in red named 'Web'. Is this the one you mean as when I click it doesnt do anything and doesnt give me the option to choose pages from the UK or all the web? I was thinking is there a way to get the old Google search back?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Here you are garjan, I've taken a snip to show you what I'm seeing, which might be more helpful :)

Googlecapture.jpg

Reaction score
Right Taffycat thanks. I have just tried it again but what I see from your snapshot below is that you have the options the web, any time,all results,search near, whereas my google page only shows any time and all results. The web option and search near is missing. Do you know why? I wonder if I've turned something off my mistake?

Reaction score
Hi Taffycat me again! I think I have solved it. I changed my default to google uk from google .com and the option you mentioned is now showing and I can search as before. Wouldnt have had clue without your help. Thanks again so so much for your time.:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh great garjan, I'm glad you've solved it, and thanks for letting us know :D

Ask a Question