Newsgroups

Reaction score
Hello
I have just joined this forum.
I have a question about the Newsgroup forums.
I did a search, and yes, I read the other posts from a few years ago about how the newsgroup forums have been hidden for some reason related to google.
But I did not really understand what was said.

In my case, I found this site by doing a google search. I had a specific problem with Escel, I googled it, I found a message here that discussed my exact situation, and my problem was solved.

The thread was identified as being in PC Review -> Forums -> Newsgroups -> Microsoft excel -> Microsoft Excel Misc.

So I registered here etc. But when I went to the forum index, I could not find that forum. So I went to it through my history links etc, and posted replies to it that way. I have also read the post in this forum with the link to the Newsgroups forum, and I have bookmarked it.

So my question is, since the newsgroup forum is not really gone, just hidden, why cant you just put a button with a link to it on the forums page ? Is it possible to explain in terms even I would understand what this problem with google is ?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Robert, the newsgroups aren't hidden as such - just moved from the main forums page so that it doesn't get tied in with the main site content. If you click on the features menu and then select newsgroups, you can find it all there :)

Ask a Question