SD card size

Reaction score
Hi been looking at getting a bigger SD card from our 256Mb upto 1 or maybe 2 Gig. Is there any limit a camera can handle? Our camera is a pentax c8.
Thanks

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am afraid I could not find info on the particular model of the Camera :( Is it the right model? There is no info on some of the sites on C8. Please clairify before I can advise you.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The max size of the file that your camera creates even if you shoot at highest resolution is just under 3 MB, therefore buying a 2 GB card just does not make any sense as a 2 GB card will accommodate almost 700 pictures. :eek:

Cameras which have the option of TIFF or RAW formats with file sizes ranging from 5 to 20 MB could do better with large capacity cards as opposed to yours which only does JPEG. Keeping that many pictures in the card without transferring them and not ensuring that they are lost because of card failure, is not something I would be comfortable with. You have to think of how many pictures you would take in a single session or in a day. I doubt anyone can take 700 pictures in a single session or even a day. Besides if the picture is bad you could always delete them in the camera.

If I were you I would go for something like 512 MB card, maybe two of them for the Pentax S4

Ask a Question