SD Memory Cards

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone else out there use SD memory cards for their camera?

My Fuji camera can use both xD and SD cards but in the past I've only used xD. I have recently got an SD card (partly cos they're much cheaper than xD) and it works fine. However, after having it in the printer memory card slot I put it back in the camera only to be informed that I then had to format the card before I could use it again in the camera.

This seemed to mean that I had to wipe everything from the card before using it again, not really something I wanted to do. I had downloaded everything to the PC anyway so it didn't matter but it does seem to be a downside to SD cards.

Are my assumptions correct?

Reaction score
Hiya,

Yep i use Sd cards in my digi cam, got a 2gb one i use....dont have that problem though, the only thing that does happen is if i edit any of the pics whilst still on the mem card(when in my pc) eg, rotate them or anything they wont show on the camera, or come up as corrupt. Anyone else have the same issue as NIVRIP?

Cheers.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Niv, yes, we use SD cards for our cameras here. I normally just pop them into the card reader, upload the photos then pop the card back into the camera. It never has required that I format the card before continuing, either on Nikon, Panasonic or Canon cameras.

Sorry, but I'm a bit stuck for ideas as to why it's happening to you. Maybe one of the others will be able to throw some additional light on it :nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
In a recent thread here it was advised to format your card using the camera. This may help.

;)

Ask a Question