Script error when using Excel help

G

Whenever I click the "See Also" link in the help window of Excel I get an Internet Explorer Script Error as follows
Line:
Char:
Error: Object doesn't support this property or metho
Code:
URL: mk:mad:MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsfot%20Office\Office10\1033\xlmain10.chm::/html/xlfct****.htm (**** stands for the type of function I am looking help for

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes N

I have tried unchecking the Disable Script Debugging on the Advance tab of Internet Options but it didn't work, I also clear the internet history plus deleted cookies

If anybody can help with this I would appreciated very much, thanks in advance.

Ed

K

Kelly

Hi Ed,

Did you disable both settings, as in:

IE/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Disable Script Debugging and Display a
notification about every script error.

Disable the Script Debugger in IE (Line 142)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

As for the msitstore links, that is a different story. Some info here:

Run and Rundll32 Commands
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rundll

ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
For Tools:
ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds_new_tools.htm
For Tasks:
ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/dos_diffs.htm

In Home: Go to Start/Run and type in:
%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:%windir%\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm

G

Dear Kelly

Thank you so much for your help, however I have not been able to solve the problem yet. I dowloaded and run the Script Debugger you suggested but the script error still keeps appearing. For the msitstore (the different story), honestly I don't know what to do, I used the Run command and typed the string that appears in your message, I also went to your suggested page, but because of my poor knowledge I don't know what to do next, if you would be so kind and instruct me I will appreciate it very much. Thank you very much in advance..

Ed

G

Thank you Pete

I did what you suggested (downloaded and installed the 811630 critical update), but when I run the "See also" link in the help window of Excel the script error appeared again, I really don't know what to do; if you can give some more advice I would appreciate. Thank you very much in advance

Ed

Ask a Question