Sceew Sony Picture Utility what other choices do I have?

Reaction score
I am vexed!
I can't seem to find my sony camcorder dvd sofware cd.

I got a HDR-SR5 and I want to be able to copy over my videos from the camera. DAMN Sony won't let you download sony picture utility over the net.

What other softaware can I use instead? I don't want to pay £30 for a new CD!

Reaction score
Hi Psd99
Do you own or know anybody with a Sony Erricson phone..??? Use the Photo Utility from that....I,ve used it in the past for various digital cameras and video camera's

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nero will do that, certainly from V6.0 onwards, an OEM copy can be had for around a fiver online or maybe you actually have a copy of Nero.

Try going to download.com (Cnet) and searching for free capture software.

How does your camcorder connect to your PC btw?

Reaction score
madx - we are all Nokia people here although finding my old man's CD will be a nightmare he's got an old school SE.

Flopps - I got Nero V8 here.... I also got Pinnacle studio. The camcorder connects up through USB and comes up as a hard drive. I can see all the files on this thing I can also play them they are .mts files what the heck. It is HD and it looks amazing apart from my video skills.

It was nice having that Sony Utility where I could see an image of the first frame in the video and be able to hit the backup button. I got a feeling I might have lent the CD to my brother in law. I shall have to ask. In the meantime I think between Nero and Pinnacle I got the software to burn/create DVDs.

Ask a Question