Scanners And Cameras bthprops.cpl Does Not Work

All,

I created shortcuts for all the Control Panel items that will work in the
Windows XP Start menu -> Programs -> Whatever Folders as well as the
Microsoft Office XP Shortcut Bar but was unable to create a shortcut that
functions for the Scanners and Cameras .cpl, a.k.a.
%windir%\system32\bthprops.cpl

I can create the shortcut by doing the following:

1. Open a CMD.EXE windows.
2. Type the following command and press Enter:

REG ADD
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}
/F

3. If the icon doesn't appear in a few seconds, left click a blank area of
your desktop and press F5.

However, this not only makes the icon permanent on the desktop (unless
removed the from the registry), but it is also the same functionality as
simply right-clicking on the .cpl in the Control Panel and creating the
shortcut on the desktop. The problem with these two methods is that the
properties section of the shortcut is greyed out and cannot be edited.
Unless I can casn do this, the shortcut will not function properly in the
Mircosoft Office XP Shortcut Bar.

I *think* this is a bug in Windows XP. btw I am running XP with SP2, all
patches but without IE7. Perhaps there is a way around this?

Thanks,

Nospam

Ayush,

This changed in XP SP2. sticpl.cpl no longer exists in XP SP2.

Nospam

Ayush said:
bthprops is for Bluetooth Control Panel. Scanners and Cameras's shortcut
should be "control sticpl.cpl"

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

Search - www.Google.com | Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org
Snip your long urls - http://snipurl.com/
OE-QuoteFix - http://snipurl.com/quotefix

Replied to [Nospam]'s message :
[...]

I am using XP SP2. I never used XP Home or "XP Pro with Sp1 or without SP"

--

Ayush said:
[...]

That is what i was saying. Use "control sticpl.cpl".

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

Search - www.Google.com | Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org
Snip your long urls - http://snipurl.com/
OE-QuoteFix - http://snipurl.com/quotefix

Replied to [Nospam]'s message :
I was able to fix the problem by creating a shortcut to:

%windir%\system32\control.exe sticpl.cpl

Then use the icon from:

%SystemRoot%\system32\wiashext.dll

Nospam