Scan getting busy

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I placed an order with Scan today and received this e-mail a coupla hours ago:

Thank you for your order from Scan.

Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse. Please rest assured your custom is greatly valued and we will process your order with the utmost urgency. Your order has still been booked for a next working day delivery from the point of despatch and we will send further emails to confirm this.

Should you require any further information or assistance please log a query using our online Customer Support service. Alternatively, you can contact our delivery support team on 0871 472 4747.

We apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Whilst apreciating their honesty and noting they took the trouble to e-mail me I planned my week around having to stay in tomorrow to take delivery. It now seems doubtful whether delivery will happen tomorrow as it's now 23:15 and I've heard nothing from Scan.

Scan have been good in the past but I'm now wondering.

If they are that popular, that busy, then they should hire more staff to cope.

They have, I notice, taken my money already.

No excuse, it's just pure greed.

Watch this space, we'll see what happens.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Money should not be taken unless goods have been dispatched.

Imagine using any local shop who is out of stock of the items you want, but take your money on the way out and tell you to call back the day after tomorrow. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just phoned them, my order isn't going to arrive today because 'they're too busy'.

So I've cancelled the order as I'd planned my week to be at home today to receive a delivery.

The refund is going to take '3 to 5 working days' in other words - a week.

This means I have to wait a week before I can order these goods from an alternative supplier such as Kustom PC's,E-Buyer or Aria.

Scan are just as greedy and useless as several other suppliers I've dealt with and Mucks is right - money should not be taken until goods have been despatched. Too busy indeed, the money they're making they could easily employ a couple more warehouse staff.

A shame, as I got free postage with Scan, but as far as I'm concered Scan can go stuff themselves.

I am totally poxed off with them.

Reaction score
Why don't you demand your money back and Quote their own policy too them

"Money is not taken until items are dispatched"

See what they say?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Why don't you demand your money back and Quote their own policy too them

"Money is not taken until items are dispatched"

See what they say?

I would if I could find where it says that on their site. I've just had a good look around and can't see it meself.

I did find out that part of their terms and conditions states they have thirty days in which to deliver ordered goods despite what they said about an estimated delivery date.

So where does it say that then? Gotta link?

Reaction score

perhaps they're struggling...

I purchased 2 Samsung spinpoint F4 hard disks fromScan.co.uk. These disks that were advertised as "ultra quite"actually vibrated so much that you could hear the noise from them down stairswhen the computer was upstairs! Sent them back via RMA and have been told thatthere was "no fault found" so they will not offer a refund! Politeand prompt customer service desk representatives, but unable to resolve theproblem. Have asked my credit card company to resolve. Very disappointed, socan't recommend scan.co.uk based on this experience.
:wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Ask a Question