Scam phone call

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I just had a phone call from a young foreign man claiming to be from Citizens Advice.
He asked to speak to me by name first off, then when I asked how he got my number, he claimed they had been contacted by credit agencies that I owed money to, and he was here to help me pay off my bad debts. I listened for a little bit longer and asked what the process was and he explained we would need to fill out a few details like bank details etc, at which point I started laughing un controlably.

Seriously how thick do these people think we are ??

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
He will find one - they always do.

A hundred failures but then he'll find one. B******

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

Oh the one word that can actually make my blood boil. There is nothing fake about these scam calls. Many many people are conned out of their good hard earned wedge daily by these scamers :(

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Seems our scam friends are upto their tricks again today.

Recieved a call today asking to speak to me by name. I said yes that is I and asked who they were. They said they were Natwest Master Card and that I am eligable for a Master Card and was I interested. I said yes sure entertain me, what do I need to do. They said I needed to give my bank details so they could run the final credit check.
At which point I laughed at matey and asked him if he thought I was thick or something. i'm almost 100% sure it was the same person as last time. I was able to do 1471 and get the number which I reported to both TalkTalk and Natwest.

Reaction score
:bow: Well done Evan, but there are idiots and the elderly who would give their details over the telephone. I hope they are able to catch the little swine.

Ask a Question