Save Real Audio streams to MP3?

Jorge Alvarez

Hi there,

I'm looking for a freeware program to save Real Audio streams to MP3 and
listen to them on a portable player. If it has a scheduler to do timed saves
it would be great.

Thanks in advance,

-Jorge

slippery

Hi there,

I'm looking for a freeware program to save Real Audio streams to MP3 and
listen to them on a portable player. If it has a scheduler to do timed saves
it would be great.

Thanks in advance,

-Jorge

there is a winamp (version 2x) plugin called 'tara' to play
Real files then use a mp3 out plugin to convert. Make sure
you have Real codecs installed to play your Real files.

use google where needed.

HTH
slippery

donutbandit

There are many free sound card recorders that will record whatever your
sound card is playing. Do a Google.

Dave

Try Silent Bob, it is so simple to use and yet so effective, you can find it
here:

http://www.silent-bob.de/en/

Dave

"slippery" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
wrote in message <On
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:46:02 -0600, "Jorge Alvarez"

Hi there, I'm looking for a freeware program to save Real Audio streams to
MP3 and listen to them on a portable player. If it has a scheduler to do
timed saves it would be great.

Thanks in advance,

-Jorge there is a winamp (version 2x) plugin called 'tara' to play Real
files then use a mp3 out plugin to convert. Make sure you have Real codecs
installed to play your Real files.

use google where needed.

HTH slippery

Bill Day

This is a FREEWARE forum !
and Silent Bob is free..they do seem to have a 'Pro' version, but the
basic app is free. (I have had it for over 2 years)

Chief Suspect

Bill Day said:
and Silent Bob is free..they do seem to have a 'Pro' version, but the
basic app is free. (I have had it for over 2 years)

Right ... although the URL to the actual freeware download was not
apparent. Had to do some looking around. And, couldn't find any
wording that specifically said the words ... freeware. Of course, MANY
say the words FREE DOWNLOAD. But, all is well. Version 1.11
is apparently the freeware version, saving in WAV format only. Yet,
I could not get it to work, although it went through all the motions of
saving a huge WAV file. Was Silent Bob supposed to record
"What You Hear?" or only what is fed into a Line Input? There
is a huge difference between the two. Many others recorders I have
and use all work wonderfully .. but, not Silent Bob.

Roger Johansson

Right ... although the URL to the actual freeware download was not
apparent. Had to do some looking around. And, couldn't find any
wording that specifically said the words ... freeware.

It is very clearly declared as freeware in the documentation, which is in
german. It also says it is not time limited in any way. Free forever.
Of course, MANY
say the words FREE DOWNLOAD. But, all is well. Version 1.11
is apparently the freeware version, saving in WAV format only. Yet,
I could not get it to work, although it went through all the motions of
saving a huge WAV file. Was Silent Bob supposed to record
"What You Hear?" or only what is fed into a Line Input? There
is a huge difference between the two. Many others recorders I have
and use all work wonderfully .. but, not Silent Bob.

I couldn't get it to work either. It complained that the sound card was
already in use by another application.
(Of course it was, it was receiving a radio station I wanted silent-bob to
record. There wouldn't be anything to record if the sound card was not in
use.

Silent-bob probably only works with some sound cards, which allow
simultaneous access by more than one application.