same sourc? sobig

Stephen Falken III

I've been getting hammered by w32.sobig.F@mm

It appears that they might be coming from the same machine
headers follow:

one:

From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: **JUNK** Re: That movie
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:51:55 +0200

another:

From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: **JUNK** Re: Wicked screensaver
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:16:39 +0200
Importance

Is my guess correct that this is likely the same machine?
If so, is AOL likely to do anything?

From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:51:55 +0200

another:

From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:16:39 +0200
Importance

Is my guess correct that this is likely the same machine?
If so, is AOL likely to do anything?

I found that the HELO (in your case: MAROCAIN-66WCKD) is always the
same, no matter whether the infected machine has a fixed IP number, or
is connected by a dial-up account. So yes, it is all from that one
infested computer, and you should contact the ISP. I believe AOL will
react to it. They are too big than that they could afford to have an
infected computer spewing worms for too long.

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)

Top