How do I turn off all the header junk on incoming email

livetohike

following junk shows up at the top of some of my incoming email (in
outlook 2000). How do I turn it off?
Thanks,
-----------------

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:46:21 -0400
Subject: Indians Quiz Moved
To: "=?UTF-8?B?CQ==?=" <[email protected]>
From: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roady [MVP]

Does the message show correctly when looking at it via your web based mail
client?

This type of message corruption is usually caused by having a virus scanner
installed which integrates itself with Outlook. Uninstall this integration
and try again.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

livetohike

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:46:21 -0400
To: "=?UTF-8?B?CQ==?=" <address removed>
From: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you.

Additional Info:
-YES, the message show correctly when looking at it via web based mail
client.
-I should have mentioned that this is a brand new PC w/ Vista and
Outlook 2000 (which I realize is semi-compatible w/ Vista).
-The only Add-In under Outlook Add-In manager was: Net Folders
-The only Add-In under Outlook COM Manager was: iTunes Outlook Add-In
(why?)
-Per Windows Security Center I have no Virus Software running (other
than Defender).
-The PC came w/ a trial version of Norton which I promptly uninstalled
(via Programs and Features) but the install took about 1/2 a second
and I there are still a few 'Norton" entries in the registry.
-A careful check of 'Programs and Features' does not show any
installed Virus S/W.
-Within the 'header junk' I found the following text" ... by mail-
gateway.rockingham.k12.va.us (Symantec Mail Security)

Questions:
-Any other suggestions?
-Only happens for some incoming emails?
-Is there some other way to check for Outlook Add-Ins (registry)?
-Is it possible that Norton did not really uninstall?
-Could it be on the

Thanks

livetohike

I think I found the smoking gun!

While this particular sender use the standard email "To:" field all
was well.

But when he switched to using the "Bcc" field the described problem
started happening.

Any BCC email sent from any person using his mail server has the
issue.

Does this help?

S M

I think I found the smoking gun!

While this particular sender use the standard email "To:" field all
was well.

But when he switched to using the "Bcc" field the described problem
started happening.

Any BCC email sent from any person using his mail server has the
issue.

Does this help?

Still curious why only Outlook shows the junk while all the other web
clients don't?

Top