SAMBA as a PDC

Reaction score
I have configured Samba as PDC but i am facing some problems which needs ur cooperartion and help.

when i login through a user of Linux Domain (SAMBA Domain) then i am recieving some messages. please see them

1- Your Password expires today. Do you want to change it?
if i click on Yes then after entering new password i recieve a meesage that u cant change your password.

2- Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting tologin you with your local profile. Changes the profile will not be coppied to the server. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. if this problem persists, contact your network administrator

Detail- The network path is not found.

3- Windows cannot locate the local profile and is logging you with a temporary profile. Change you make to this profile will be lost when you loff off.

I will be bit slow in replying to this thread as I am not a Linux guy and helping one of my friend to get his things done.

Reaction score
I am currently doing this at home, so if i find a way ill post back to help you out.

As im using Samba as a PDC with CentOS 3.4.

What Distro are you using, RedHat etc...

Chris

Reaction score
chrisimrie said:
I am currently doing this at home, so if i find a way ill post back to help you out.

As im using Samba as a PDC with CentOS 3.4.

What Distro are you using, RedHat etc...

Chris

Yes that is Redhat 9

Reaction score
they're windows error messages.

need more info of what you've got setup and what your trying to accomplish.

J

Reaction score
Hi,

Attached is an smb.conf that I used for about a year for a roughly 100 users. As far as I can recall it worked fine, though it's probably not perfect.

Check the read/write permissions to the profile share. It should be writeable to everyone but have a create mask as in the example to make sure profile directories stay private.

See also
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html
http://www.faqs.org/docs/samba/toc.html (Entire book!)

Regards,
-u-

Attachments

• smb.conf.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 871

Ask a Question