Safe Mode

Zygy

When I insert into W-RW a Software installation CD whilst in Safe Mode I do
not get the Installation Wizard, but instead I get the File contents of the
CD. Is it not possible to install software whilst in Safe Mode or what I am
doing wrong?

db

why would you
want to install
the software in safemode?

don't you have other
options?

- db

Zygy said:
When I insert into W-RW a Software installation CD whilst in Safe Mode I do
not get the Installation Wizard, but instead I get the File contents of the
CD. Is it not possible to install software whilst in Safe Mode or what I am
doing wrong?

In General you can't install software in Safe Mode from a CD, the CD is n't
available in Safe Mode, but there is a way around this, is to copy the
content of this CD to the Desktop or whatever directory on the Hard drive and
perform the installation in safe Mode from that folder on the Desktop.
Bear in Mind that some software will install and some not it depend on what
kind of software ( programming speaking, i.e if the software Co writer
provided such a support in their package), so better to check the website or
Help and support for this software you want to install, but as other said why
the need to install in safe Mode it is out of my scope, as some software want
higher resolution for their installer to start, if it sense the resolution is
lower it will cease to install or start at all.
Bottom line if you have problem with your machine better to cure this than
to create a new one.
HTH.
nass
====
www.nasstec.co.uk

Zygy

Because something has gone wrong with my W-RW Drive (E:) and I do not get the installation Wizard nor the contents of CDs are shown in the ordinary mode and I tried to reinstall Roxio, just in case the fault was caused by this software.
"db" <databaseben.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message why would you
want to install
the software in safemode?

don't you have other
options?