Sadly its time for me to retire.......

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've been crunching a long time now ever since my Dad passed away from cancer - over the years I've run a large number of PC's and completed many thousands of results at WCG and also at other projects too.

I have slowed down more recently, but sadly due to changing family circumstances the time has finally come for me to stop.

Over those years I've accumulated over 25 Million WCG points for PCR, and with contributions and treks to other teams and under other usernames nearly 50 million WCG points in total - I'm currently #2 in the UK for WCG Boinc points, (having been at #1 for some time prior to my slowdown) and currently #129 in the World having reached the Top 50 in the recent past - so I think I've done my bit now for the team and for the research and hope my Dad has been proud of what I've achieved in his memory.

My Dad's memory lives on with the team in the shape of the 'MJW' PC under the kind stewardship of Mucks - so I shall continue to keep a keen interest in the teams progress and help out with any problems or help that may be needed by any crew members in the future.

Good luck to all and keep up the great work team!!

Ady :wave:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ady, your "contributions" have been second to none, and, although I will be sad to see you retire completely, it's your wish, I for one will not try and convince you to change your mind.

Your achievements have been impressive, proud to have had you as a member of the PCReview Crew ... :nod:

:wave:

I'm only too pleased to look after MJW, heck, he generally looks after himself anyway. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
You have been great Ady at crunching and you have really helped the team and the reseachers. :)

Regards,

Wiz

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ady, your contribution to PCR Crunching and WCG have been immense. Indeed, a full quarter of all the PCR points.

I, and I'm sure everyone else, will be very sad to see you call an end to it all but you must do what you think is the correct thing. Your family, quite rightly, comes before everything else.

Seems strange to say " have a happy retirement" as it's not in the usual context but have one anyway.

All the best for you and your family's future.

Reaction score
You had led by example Ady.
And i know i probably would not have got started if it was not for you!
Good luck in retirement & hope goes ok for you.
happywave.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You've done an absolutely incredible job Ady, being the #1 UK WCG boinc cruncher is by no means an easy feat!

It's not just your own results that you've contributed to - you were one of the driving forces behind crunching on here, which has meant even more people signed up :thumb:

Well done :D

Reaction score
I agree!

feckit said:
You had led by example Ady.
And i know i probably would not have got started if it was not for you!
Good luck in retirement & hope goes ok for you.:wave:

Absolutey!

Ian Cunningham said:
You've done an absolutely incredible job Ady, being the #1 UK WCG boinc cruncher is by no means an easy feat!

It's not just your own results that you've contributed to - you were one of the driving forces behind crunching on here, which has meant even more people signed up

Well done

Unfortunately the only reason I stopped was due to cost. Well done Ady an amazing effort!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Good luck to you mate.
nod.gif

If everyone did a fraction of what you have done the world would soon be a better place.

happywave.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
It is`nt 50 million pts Ady :bow: , more like hundreds of millions ,because of your commitment many many more people myself included have "crunched". You are an example and a Crunching pioneer who has changed history ( I kid not). The world has moved years closer to treatment because of people like you so as sad as it is to hear the news , Crunching is here to stay and will flourish still.

I was a member here when your dad passed away and he would have been so proud of you even without crunching :) .

Join us at the Tavern 2moz for a leaving "do" . Mucks is buying ;)

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
Fine effort Ady, Your Dad would be chuffed, I'm sure.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Your crunching has been an inspiration Ady, you can feel justifiably proud of your achievements, both on behalf of the memory of your Dad, and for the PCR team - not forgetting the importance of your wonderful personal contribution to scientific research. Jolly well done Ady. I am sending up a rousing cheer from my corner of our Crunching fraternity.

Yay for Ady!! Wishing you all the very best :D (I think a few fireworks are called for ;) )

6dfb5668a2ca022083f6cc8cd607f7ed.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fair play to you Ady, Thats a fantastic effort, i never realised you were ranked so high in the uk!! 'Grats for that! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ady, I'm proud of you - well done :)

I think you've more than earnt the right to retire from the cause.

I was in a similar position myself and although by no means achieving your high score I did put nine years worth of dedication in.

And I sometimes wonder if all this involvment in crunching may be partly responsible for me still walking on this planet. Who knows?

Again - well done, you have every right to feel proud of yourself for putting in such a massive effort and honouring your father.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
An absolutely stunning job of crunching that has shown the whole world of crunchers what can be achieved when you put your mind to something..
You have made one hell of an achievement Ady..

Well done will be sad to see you go..:nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words - you've made me sad to leave such a great group of crunchers, but it has to be.

Should things change in the future you can be sure I'll be back :nod:

Reaction score
Hi Ady I will be sorry to see you stop crunching you have been an inspiration to a lot of people and a lot of teams. I would like to thank you for all the work you have put in over the years. I am sure your dad is very proud of what you have achieved, and you should feel proud of yourself. Don't be a stranger at XS.

Rob

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
A novice said:
Hi Ady I will be sorry to see you stop crunching you have been an inspiration to a lot of people and a lot of teams. I would like to thank you for all the work you have put in over the years. I am sure your dad is very proud of what you have achieved, and you should feel proud of yourself. Don't be a stranger at XS.

Rob
Thanks Rob...and great to see you over here at PCR :thumb:

I'll still be popping by XS every now and then :nod:

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Just happened across this thread as life has kept me otherwise occupied so haven't done much forum surfing.

All I can say is you've been one heck of an inspiration Ady and as was aptly said have been responsible for far more than 50 million in the big picture due to all the new ones brought into the endeavor and existing ones you encouraged to do better through your own example.

Extremely well done and I don't doubt for a moment that your Dad would be more than proud of what you have accomplished.

You've earned a breather and I hope you enjoy it.

Come on by and visit Base Camp if you happen to be in the area I'll save you a beer.

Spezi

Ask a Question