Runtime Error When Opening MS Outlook 2003 (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by erinscobee, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. erinscobee

    erinscobee Guest

    Every time I attempt to open MS Outlook 2003, I receive the following Runtime
    Error:

    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

    Runtime Error!

    Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\outlook.exe

    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

    It hasn't always been this way. I used to be able to use MS Outlook 2003. Now,
    after receiving this error, I am forced to click OK. Outlook then closes
    automatically. I am now forced to use Outlook Express (which really stinks
    since I need all the features of Outlook... I run a home-based business and
    this is crippling me.)

    I have tried the following in an attempt to resolve the issue:

    1) I have contacted Symantec made certain that I do not have any corrupt
    files in Norton. I do not.

    2) Uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2006 and then tested Outlook 2003.
    This did not work, so I re-installed NIS 2006.

    3) Rebooted computer (running MS Windows XP), changed to safe mode and
    renamed msouplug.dll to msouplug.old. This did not work.

    4) I have run Live Update for NIS 2006. I am completely up-to-date. This does
    not change anything.

    5) On another forum, someone mentioned problems with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and
    Outlook 2003. They suggested checking for updates. I did so and the Outlook
    problem persists.

    Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I need to get this fixed. I have tried to
    research this on my own prior to asking for help. Needless to say, I am now
    BEGGING for help.

    Thank you in advance for any solutions you may have.

    Sincerely,
    Erin Scobee

    erinscobee, Oct 9, 2006

  2. erinscobee

    Guest Guest

    RE: Runtime Error When Opening MS Outlook 2003 (Microsoft Visual C++ R

    I am having the same exact error. Running Win2k with Office 2003.

    Read through the other thread with NIS issues, but this is different.

    Guest, Oct 17, 2006

  3. erinscobee

    Guest Guest

    RE: Runtime Error When Opening MS Outlook 2003 (Microsoft Visual C++ R

    I am having the exact problem. I have office xp, windows xp home. For some
    reason I can not launch outlook anymore. Please point me in the correct
    direction for help.

    Thanks

    Guest, Dec 20, 2006