Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error in Outlook 20

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2009.

  1. Phillip

    Phillip Guest

    Every time I try to open my MS Outlook 2003, I receive the following error:

    Microsoft C++ Runtime Library

    Runtime Error!

    Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE

    way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

    My only option at that point is to click OK. Then the application closes.
    When I tried to login again it, it allows me. After several login and logout,
    it happen again.

    Only when I disable the add-in on Antispam by Symantec, no such error
    appears. This probably happens when I created 2 profiles because I needed to
    receive 2 different emails into 2 different inbox. I remove the profile and
    created a New User and re-configure outlook 2003. The error message STILL
    appears occasionally.

    I understand that there is a fix for Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822521 Anyway to disable Runtime Error for
    Outlook?

    I have tried searching on microsoft.com and found nothing useful. I came
    across a possible solution on symantec.com (because I have Norton Anti-Virus
    and Norton Internet Security) and they said to run Live Update for the fix. I
    did that and it did not fix it.

    I also came across a possible solution that required changing a file
    extension. The file they said to change was C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\Symantec Shared\AntiSpam\MsouPlug.dll. I was to change the *.dll
    extension to *.old. This didn't work because my computer will not allow me to
    change it.

    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    --
    Phillip

    Phillip, Oct 13, 2009

  2. The problem is with Symantec, not outlook - you need to either disable the
    antispam addin or install a Symantec update that fixes it.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 13, 2009