Rundll32.exe Not Responding Nightmare Fix

G

It seems like a lot of people have the same problem I had when shutdown windows the Rundll32.exe pops up with End Task, Program Not Responding. Well after a month of torture I found the fix that helped me. Let me give you some back ground first. This started when I got the Backdoor.Trojan on my computer. I followed the the Norton directions to remove it which I did but then everytime I shut down my computer the Rundll32.exe would not responding and I would have to click end task and then all would be fine. I looked in my registry and msconfig and I kept seeing the Rundll32 bridge or something like that, sorry I forgot the exact thing. Anyway go to your add removed programs and look to see if you have a program their called Bridge. If you do remove it. Then I rolled back my Nividia Video card to a previous driver and then went and redownloaded the update version for my video card. Bingo all problems fixed. I also found on the Norton site that this backdoor/lastdoor trojan overwrite your Rundll32 file and apparently this bridge thing is a part of it too. So by reinstalling my video drivers I over wrote the rundll32 back to the correct one. I hope this helps all of you out their experiencing this same nightmare. Good Luck

G

HELLO

I READ YOUR MESSAGE AND I HAVE THE SAME THING WHEN I SHUT DOWN....I DID A NORTONS VIRUS CHECK AND IT SAID NOTHING..THEN I DID A HOUSECALL VIRUS CHECK AND IT SAID I HAD A TROJ_BRIDGE.A. VIRUS BUT CANT FIND ANY WAY OF REMOVING IT......YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT....THANK

DAVE

Ask a Question