Windows XP Rundll

Reaction score
One of our office computers displays the following error message when logging on: An exception occurred when trying to run "C:\windows\systems32\NvCpl.dll, NvStartup"

The computer is on a network of 10 other pc's and none of the other machines are displaying this error.

Operating system: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Anti virus: is Norton Internet Security 08
Anti Spyware: Adaware
Internet via ADSL router

Motherboard:
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model 945GCM-S2L
North Bridge Intel i945G/GZ Revision A2
South Bridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) Revision A2

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz
Property Value
Cpu Socket Socket 775 LGA

Physical Memory 2040 MB Total, 1128 MB Free

Video Processor Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

I will need detailed steps as I am not a technician...
icon11.gif

Reaction score
You sure it's it's got Intel Graphics ?
Cause that driver file is for NVidia :p

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
this is a bit extreme......but i had an issue like that. i run an NVIDIA chipset in my PC boxes and booting gave the the BOD erroring in the same manner.

i use image software alot so my first thought was to change the card. that fixed my issue. Usually that is not the case and remove and reinstall of the driver fixes the issue. you may need updated drivers.

you can try to go to MSCONFIG. maybe you can disable the software from loading. that may allow you to do the r&r of the software.

click start, run, type MSCONFIG. choose selective startup and then the startup tab at the top. check out the list and see if you show the NVIDIA control panel there. uncheck it, apply, OK and restart. that should at least get you going til you can get new software or......if necessary, new hardware.

-the surfer

Ask a Question