Run time error


L

Lula

3 users on laptop - 2 OK 1 gets eror message when going into Internet
Explorer. Runtime Error. Program:c\program files\internet
explorer\explorer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information. Any
suggestins please?
 
Ad

Advertisements

N

nass

Lula said:
3 users on laptop - 2 OK 1 gets eror message when going into Internet
Explorer. Runtime Error. Program:c\program files\internet
explorer\explorer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information. Any
suggestins please?


Hi Lula,
Is this the correct path name for the error or you mean:
Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE

You either have malware/virus on this machine or the winsock need to be
refershed.
Open the Run command type in:
ipconfig /flushdns click [OK]
ipconfig /renew click [OK]
netsh winsock reset click [OK]
Reboot your machine and see if you can access any website/link easily and
without the cannot connect error message.
or this tool (winsock-Fix) from here:
http://www.nasstec.co.uk/tools.html

Reboot and log into the same Account and see if that will help to connect
and the error doesn't occur.

If still no joy Downlaod this Anti-spyware:
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Download the Hijackthis and send the report to one of
many
forums for analysis and troubleshooting or you can send it to me on my email
provided at the bottom:
When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php)

Can you please send me a copy at (e-mail address removed) ,
remove the obvious to email me.
HTH,
nass
 
E

Elmo

Lula said:
3 users on laptop - 2 OK 1 gets error message when going into Internet
Explorer. Runtime Error. Program: C:\program files\internet
explorer\explorer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information. Any
suggestions please?

The file should be Iexplore.exe If Explorer.exe is stored in the IE
folder, it must be malware. BTW, IEXPLORER.exe is nine characters and
nine-character filenames are seldom created by Windows..

If the filename is in fact explorer.exe, install, update, and run these:

Malwarebytes© Corporation
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
 
L

Lula

Thanks Nass. Tried the run option - but it couldn't find the first file.
Downloaded then winsock file - rebooted - still not working. Removed the
google toolbar as per previous postings - still not working. The other 2 are
fine - just problems with one. Any other suggestions?

nass said:
Lula said:
3 users on laptop - 2 OK 1 gets eror message when going into Internet
Explorer. Runtime Error. Program:c\program files\internet
explorer\explorer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information. Any
suggestins please?


Hi Lula,
Is this the correct path name for the error or you mean:
Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE

You either have malware/virus on this machine or the winsock need to be
refershed.
Open the Run command type in:
ipconfig /flushdns click [OK]
ipconfig /renew click [OK]
netsh winsock reset click [OK]
Reboot your machine and see if you can access any website/link easily and
without the cannot connect error message.
or this tool (winsock-Fix) from here:
http://www.nasstec.co.uk/tools.html

Reboot and log into the same Account and see if that will help to connect
and the error doesn't occur.

If still no joy Downlaod this Anti-spyware:
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Download the Hijackthis and send the report to one of
many
forums for analysis and troubleshooting or you can send it to me on my email
provided at the bottom:
When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php)

Can you please send me a copy at (e-mail address removed) ,
remove the obvious to email me.
HTH,
nass
 
L

Lula

sorry it is iexplorer.exe. My mistake.

Elmo said:
The file should be Iexplore.exe If Explorer.exe is stored in the IE
folder, it must be malware. BTW, IEXPLORER.exe is nine characters and
nine-character filenames are seldom created by Windows..

If the filename is in fact explorer.exe, install, update, and run these:

Malwarebytes© Corporation
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
 
N

nass

okay Lula,
Can you send me your hijackthis log on the provided email address or you can
seek help on the hijackthis forums on the internet.
Or you can create another account for that user say if it is say Lula, call
the new one Lula1 and test to see if it a profile issue!
How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Lula said:
Thanks Nass. Tried the run option - but it couldn't find the first file.
Downloaded then winsock file - rebooted - still not working. Removed the
google toolbar as per previous postings - still not working. The other 2 are
fine - just problems with one. Any other suggestions?

nass said:
Lula said:
3 users on laptop - 2 OK 1 gets eror message when going into Internet
Explorer. Runtime Error. Program:c\program files\internet
explorer\explorer.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information. Any
suggestins please?


Hi Lula,
Is this the correct path name for the error or you mean:
Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORER.EXE

You either have malware/virus on this machine or the winsock need to be
refershed.
Open the Run command type in:
ipconfig /flushdns click [OK]
ipconfig /renew click [OK]
netsh winsock reset click [OK]
Reboot your machine and see if you can access any website/link easily and
without the cannot connect error message.
or this tool (winsock-Fix) from here:
http://www.nasstec.co.uk/tools.html

Reboot and log into the same Account and see if that will help to connect
and the error doesn't occur.

If still no joy Downlaod this Anti-spyware:
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

Download the Hijackthis and send the report to one of
many
forums for analysis and troubleshooting or you can send it to me on my email
provided at the bottom:
When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php)

Can you please send me a copy at (e-mail address removed) ,
remove the obvious to email me.
HTH,
nass
 
Ad

Advertisements

E

Elmo

Lula said:
sorry it is iexplorer.exe. My mistake.

Or Iexplore.exe

If iexplorer.exe then run the malware checks.

If Iexplore.exe, then try these:

- As a test, stop all Add-ons and see if that helps.

- In Internet Options, Advanced tab, click the "Reset Defaults" button.

- In Internet Options, General tab, click "Delete Files..." and also
"delete all offline content".

- For Jscript Errors, you might look through the suggestions on this web
site:
http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&q=javascript+errors

You might try these first though.

Repair 5.6 Scripting Engine install:

Click, Start, Run, type

Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Click OK

Click Start, Run, type

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Click OK

Hoping something here helps.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top