Router problems with Live -Again.

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I'm new! *puts hands up*

Anyway my router is a version 2 WRT54G

I have the router on default setting atm which means.....

UPnP is enabled, I just enabled the ports 88 and 3074 through and I'm still having trouble connecting to games. (By this I mean the connection is ok in-game so no lag but finding a game and the amount of pop ups of your NAT is not open, you can't join this you can't do that is pretty bad)

I chose to take an alternate way around it so disabled the UPnP and activated DMZ to the manually assigned I.P address I gave the xbox. Ok so the NAT's open but my search on halo often gets about 3 games of which I can join 1. CoD 4 often says "You need an active network connection" well hello I'm on xbox live and the ports are open.

I'm having a damn right pain getting this to work and while we're on the subject of this typically troublesome router everytime a wire is taken out on my router and re-inserted I need to reset the whole router to defaults for it to pick up what the hells in it.

P.S This only applies to my 2 PC's and not the xbox live.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, feel free to PM me or even add my msn if it's appropriate, I'm only small so some I.P static this etc may confuse me a little.

Thanks for your time and I'm happy to be here on this forum.

/bow before Moderators and Admins

Reaction score
sounds frustrating.

I had your router once and in the end started to really hate Linksys so I went with Netgear best move I made to be honest.
is this with xbox 360 or the old one?

If it's the new I presume you must be going wireless as opposed to wired. Let us know these details so we can aid you more.

Reaction score
The xbox 360 ofc, looks like I'm gunna have to opt to buy a new router but I gotta splash out on PC parts first :(

Thanks for your response.

Ask a Question