Rotating Images

All of a sudden I'm not able to rotate images using the Windows Picture and
fax Viewer. I was wondering if I accidently hit some option that wouldn't
allow me to do so, and what I'd have to do in order to fix this problem.

David Candy

It asked if you wanted to Rotate, you answered No and also ticked Don't Ask Me Again.

Ctrl + Close button in Picture & Fax Viewer (the X on titlebar)

Resets "Don't Show ... Again" dialog settings. If Ctrl + K and Ctrl + L don't rotate the image it is because you answered No to a warning AND Yes to "Don't Ask Me Again". Reset "Don't Ask Me Again" by this method.

David Candy

Picture and Fax Viewer
Key Description
Up Arrow Go to the previous image in this folder (or previous selected image if more than one file was selected), move an annotation, or if zoomed pan up.
Down Arrow Go to the next image in this folder (or next selected image if more than one file was selected), move an annotation, or if zoomed pan down.
Left Arrow Go to the previous image in this folder (or previous selected image if more than one file was selected), move an annotation, or if zoomed pan left.
Right Arrow Go to the next image in this folder (or next selected image if more than one file was selected), move an annotation, or if zoomed pan right.
Ctrl + Up Arrow If zoomed pan up a larger amount or move an Annotation a larger amount.
Ctrl + Down If zoomed pan down a larger amount or move an Annotation a larger amount.
Ctrl + Left Arrow If zoomed pan left a larger amount or move an Annotation a larger amount.
Ctrl + Right Arrow If zoomed pan right a larger amount or move an Annotation a larger amount.
Backspace Go to the previous image in this folder (or previous selected image if more than one file was selected).
Page Up Go to the previous image in this folder (or previous selected image if more than one file was selected) or previous page in a multipage TIFF image.
Page Dn Go to the next image in this folder (or next selected image if more than one file was selected) or next page in a multipage TIFF image.
Enter Go to the next image in this folder (or next selected image if more than one file was selected).
+ Enlarge the displayed image to twice its size.
- Reduce the displayed image by half its size.
Ctrl + A Display the image without scaling.
Ctrl + B Reduce or enlarge the image to fit into the window's current size (unless the image is already at the optimal window size).
Ctrl + E Edit the picture with the default picture editor and closes Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
Ctrl + I Opens the Properties Dialog for the picture or for an Annotation if selected.
Ctrl + K Rotate the image by 90 degrees clockwise.
Ctrl + L Rotate the image by 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
Ctrl + P Print the current image.
Ctrl + S Copy the image file to another location.
F1 Help.
F2 Cancels a mode such as Zoom In mode.
F11 Displays each image in the folder in a slide show. Start, pause, navigate, or end the slide show using the slide show toolbar in the upper right-hand corner.
DEL Delete the image.
Esc Cancels a mode such as Zoom In mode.
Ctrl + Close button in Picture & Fax Viewer (the X on titlebar) Resets "Don't Show ... Again" dialog settings. If Ctrl + K and Ctrl + L don't rotate the image it is because you answered No to a warning AND Yes to "Don't Ask Me Again". Reset "Don't Ask Me Again" by this method.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments